Sunday, August 02, 2009

6 Months Already

River Morgan Jenkins is 6 months old already!! It's hard to believe. We wanted to give a little update, and of course pictures of our growing boy.

River is almost sitting on his own. We've really started to work with him. He'll get it for a few seconds but prefers to fall over and laugh right now. It won't be long. I just know it.

He enjoys standing. If I would sit there all day and hold him up, he'd be perfectly happy.

We've started the solid food adventure. He's only had rice cereal so far. I'm still working out when to feed him, the temperature of the food and all that. We're still nursing, so he fills up on the milk and I'm trying to figure out when is the best time to feed him before he goes back down for a nap. My priority is to nurse for as long as I can, so that's my focus. So, I always nurse first. His tummy is so tiny and full that he only enjoys a small amount of the cereal...I feel like I'm cramming it in sometimes, and much to my dismay...it comes back up shortly. Also, I'm trying to do that at "breakfast." Well, he gets up around 6 or 7 and has a great feed and takes a nap a couple of hours later. I don't even usually get to the rice cereal until around lunch. I'm open to suggestions.

He loves trees. I can put all of his toys in front of him, and he'd much rather watch the trees blowing in the wind through the window. He gets totally mesmerized. Most times a quick trip outside will calm him down instantly.

He has worked so hard these last couple of months teething, and it may have paid off. There's one tooth. It's on the bottom, and we can feel it with our finger where its broken the gums. But he won't let us at his lip enough to get a good look. I don't think it's all the way through, but it won't be long. He's still going strong and chewing away.

Definitely, he has found his voice. Sometimes he "talks" from the moment he gets up until he goes to sleep. Nap Times are the quiet times. I wonder where he got that!

And River is no doubt a Mama's Boy at this point. I'm trying to soak it all in because I have a feeling when he gets older this Cuddly Snuggly Mama Love will morph. So, for now I'm soaking in all those moments he wants to nestle up to me, rub my hands, and sit on my hip.

Now, for some photos...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am I being biased when I say that River is the best-looking young child I have ever seen. Pappy